About Jack A. Gibson, Jr.
Mr. Gibson has concentrated his practice for over 30 years in the areas of debtor/creditor rights, business and corporate bankruptcy proceedings for debtors and creditors, creditor bankruptcy proceedings against individuals, bank workouts, and general civil litigation in both state and federal courts.
Mr. Gibson has worked on cases dealing with all aspects of business bankruptcies including representing secured creditors, unsecured creditors, creditors' committees and debtors. A large part of his practice dealt with the auto industry and its supplies. He has represented numerous creditors in dischargeability actions in bankruptcy court. He has handled numerous commercial litigation matters in State and Federal Courts throughout the country. Mr. Gibson has participated in out of court workouts for businesses representing debtors and unofficial creditors' committees. He has also represented clients in the commercial and retail collection business who were accused of violating federal or state law.
- 1981, Michigan
- 1981, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- 1981, U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
Law School Attended
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, Class of 1981, J.D.
- Georgetown University, Class of 1978, M.A.
- University of Colorado, Class of 1977, B.A.,cum laude
- Detroit, Michigan, December 21, 1955
Associations & Memberships
- State Bar of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Eastern District and Western District of Michigan
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Commercial Law League of America
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Lecturer at creditors' rights functions of the Commercial Law League of America, for the Institute of Continuing Legal Education, and for the National Association of Credit Management
- Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Bankruptcy, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005